To Start a Live Blog Post via Wordpress:
- Log into your blog and start a new post by going to Posts --> Add New
- You will notice in the top right corner this post is NOT LIVE. Click the button to "Turn on live"
- You are now live blogging! You will notice several new features are now available on your post while you are live:
- A new box at the top provides all of your Live Blogging Tools. These are covered more in depth in the Live Blogging Tools article.
- The content box is where you will type your live updates. Once you have typed what you want to send...
- ...post the live content to your blog with the "Push Update" button (you can also use the Ctrl+Enter keyboard shortcut).
- This box shows your LIVE status. While your post is live, anyone viewing your blog will automatically see the updates as they happen, in real-time. Once your live event is over, click "Turn off live" to convert the live post back into a static one.
And that's it! Those are the only basics you need to know to start live blogging RIGHT NOW! You can also see the additional help articles for more information on the Live Blogging Tools, Collaborative Live Blogging, or Live Blogging via Twitter and SMS.